Sinon un petit article pour le MAF :

The goalless draw on Saturday was not the only first for Arsenal this season - it was also the first time the Arsenal starting XI has not featured a Frenchman this campaign.

In fact, Saturday’s stalemate at West Ham was only the second time the Gunners have started the game without a Gallic player in the line-up under the stewardship of Arsène Wenger — the first and last time being way back in the final game of the 1999/00 season at Newcastle.

According to Wenger, the consistency of ex-captain Patrick Vieira and Thierry Henry - who is currently sidelined by injury — offer an explanation but the Arsenal boss adds that his players’ nationalities are highly irrelevant.

“Thierry and Patrick did not miss many [games] for us and with both of them now missing for different reasons explains that,” he said.

“I was amazed when somebody told me — it just goes to show how little I look at a player’s nationality. I didn’t know but it is amazing because we still have a few French or French-speaking players here.”